Saturday, September 1, 2012

Nurture Spa (Tagaytay)

Nurture Spa

Finally! I've been wanting to try Nurture Spa for quite a while now, having heard so many good things about it from friends and bloggers online. 

So of course, I couldn't pass up the opportunity when I saw this deal in Deal Grocer:



On the last day of the validity of the coupon, Oz and I planned a day trip to Tagaytay. After a few delays and a 2-hour long drive, we finally arrived at Nurture Spa. The spa had its own big parking space, and we were welcomed by the staff upon arrival. We were asked to sit down and answer a questionnaire, while they served us some tea. 
Reception/Dining area
Lovely tea
Questionnaire

I loved the fact that they had a questionnaire, as it's really uncommon for spas to have one. Aside from some basic information, we were asked about our medical condition, which parts of the body should/should not be focused on, and pressure level of the massage. This makes the massage more personalized for the customer, and helps the therapist as well.

While waiting for our room to be prepared, we went around the Nurture Spa Village. They also had other amenities, like areas for functions, teambuilding, glamping (glam + camping), swimming, and overnight accommodations. The whole area is very tranquil, and is very well-kept.

An out-of-place trampoline on the right 
Small swimming pool
Glamping site
Pathway to massage huts
We chatted with the very friendly manager for a while, then we were lead to our massage room. We had our own couples room with a comfort room and bath tub, which all had an Asian theme. The room was nice and cozy, but I did wish that the curtains were darker and there was more cover near the door area. Once the door was opened, people passing outside could clearly see inside the room.

Couples room

To start off the massage, we were given a foot soak which is a standard practice in most spas.

Foot soak

Now, this massage was definitely very memorable. We availed of the Nilaib massage, and the only thing I knew about it was that they would be using hot pouches during the massage. They looked like this:

Hot pouch wrapped in banana leaves

I know a lot of you who frequent massage places would agree with me when I say that we're usually shy about telling the therapist what we want or don't want during our massage. Maybe it's because of our vulnerable state at the time, or our culture as Filipinos. Either way, it's very counter-productive and is something we should all try to get over.

Upon placing the hot pouches on my back, the therapist asked me if it's too hot or just right. The heat was actually just right, and I say so. Unfortunately, what I didn't know was that in a few seconds, this heat would become unbearable, and I didn't know if this was normal or not. Add to that was the fact that the pouches were also placed on my stomach, legs and hands. After some agonizing minutes, I informed the therapist that it was already too hot--by this time, my massage experience was quite ruined and I didn't enjoy it at all. Later on, I learned that Oz experienced the same thing but didn't tell his therapist that it was too hot. He ended up having some bad burns on his back due to the hot pouches. :(

It was partly our fault of course, for not saying anything. But we did wish that we were briefed beforehand about the hot pouches, and how hot they could get after a while. We thought that being that hot could be "normal" for this massage, since it was the first time we had it. Overall though, the massage itself was good and the therapists were well-trained. If I get the chance, I'd go back and try their other massages.

Verdict: If you're looking for a place to go to with your special someone, you're willing to spend, and you don't mind the long drive, this is a place I'd recommend. It's very relaxing, clean and definitely an escape from reality. They have a lot of parking spaces, and you can choose to spend the night in their accommodations. The massage rooms are nice and have their own bathrooms. The therapists are respectful and well-trained. I won't recommend the Nilaib massage, but if you get it, just don't be shy to talk to your therapist. ;)

Nurture Spa
Pulong Sagingan, Barangay Maitim II West, 
Tagaytay City, Cavite, Philippines
Open 24 hours (since they have overnight accommodations)
(0918) 8888SPA, (0917) 6878873, (02) 7109786, (046) 5126273, (0922) 8988654
http://www.nurture.com.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment